Where to Stay in Mallorca Spain: Best Areas & Hotels
If you’re wondering where to stay in Mallorca Spain, or where is the best area to stay in Mallorca, you’re in the right place. I will give an insight into 6 best places to stay in Mallorca for first time visitors, couples, families, backpackers, all budget travelers; read on as I show you the best of Mallorca.
Mallorca is the largest of Spain’s Balearic Islands, located in the Western Mediterranean just off the Spanish Mainland. Its appeal involves the lovely beaches and warm seas once winter has receded.
The Island does have a rich history which includes the Romans, the Moors and Christianity. Those travelers interested in history and culture will find plenty to interest them with the Capital, Palma, worth a visit even if only for a day trip.
Mallorca’s popularity can be best illustrated by the air traffic landing at Palma’s international airport. More than 25 million pass through the airport annually though that does not purely represent tourism! Mallorca is also accessible by ferry as well as being a popular cruise ship island for those wanting just a brief visit.
Where to Stay in Mallorca: Tips & Info
Hot summers and mild winters describe Mallorca well with rain most common in the north at altitude in the Tramuntana Range where snow is even possible in winter. UNESCO has recognized the value of its cultural past by designating it as a World Heritage Site. Temperatures inevitably fall at altitude but during the hot summer, that can be a relief.
The tourist infrastructure is well-developed in the popular resorts. Many have a busy night-time scene with plenty of bars and restaurants catering to visitors. Water sports and lovely beaches keep travelers busy by day.
The flavor of Spain may not come across much in these resorts but there are villages in the interior where that can be seen and experienced. It is more likely that tourists pay such villages a visit for the day rather than make any their base. The wooden tourist train from Palma to Soller is popular while a comprehensive island bus service does provide the chance to explore wherever you decide to stay.
Where to Stay in Mallorca Spain – 10 Best Area & Neighborhoods
It was the growth of air travel that saw Mallorca open up to modern-day tourists. Its proximity to huge population areas in Northern Europe was the real catalyst to growth. Package holidays meant Mallorca soon grew in popularity in those looking for guaranteed Mediterranean sun and warm seas.
The areas suggested below vary from large coastal resorts, some purpose-built for mass tourism to places that were once just small fishing villages. There are many more than 10 resorts on Mallorca with the west coast being especially popular. This selection will certainly give you a flavor of Mallorca and what you can expect to find if you choose it for your next holiday.
You can rent a car if you wish to explore, use the local bus service or take an organised tour from most of the major resorts.
Where to Stay in Mallorca Spain Map
To see more detail on where to stay in Mallorca Map, go to google map.
1. Palma, Where to Stay in Mallorca for History & Culture Lovers
This Capital City in the West of Mallorca and its rich history make it an essential place to experience while on the Island. While modern development has taken place, it is its backstreets, the Moorish and medieval Christian architecture, and the sandstone Gothic cathedral, La Seu, that attracts many travelers.
Tourism has seen an increasing number of hotels, top quality restaurants and lively bars become more common. Modern shopping facilities mix with fashionable boutiques but also traditional artisan products.
Palma sits in the heart of an extensive bay with a promenade stretching for miles and C’ An Pere Antoni for those wanting a sandy beach. Smaller beach resorts are within walking distance.
Accommodation fits every budget and that includes 5-star hotels. There are apartments and backpacker accommodation as well, so no one needs to worry about making Palma their base.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN PALMA IF:
- You are interested in Mallorca’s history and culture
- You often want to do some shopping while on holiday
- You enjoy city life yet with access to the beach
Best Hotels in Palma
- Protur Naisa Palma Hotel is a superb, 4-star hotel, featuring spacious, allergy free rooms with a chic design and private bathroom. The hotel is ideally located and boasts a bar, restaurant, fitness centre and choice of indoor and outdoor pools, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout and an a la carte breakfast served each morning.
- Innside by Melia Palma Bosque is a designer, 4-star hotel, offering spacious, modern rooms with amenities like a mini bar and anti-pollution toiletries. It features an on-site restaurant, terrace, lounge, bar, sauna, Turkish bath, a fitness centre hosting virtual classes and a choice of 3 swimming pools, located just 5 minutes’ walk from Palma’s famous seafront promenade.
- Isla Mallorca & Spa is a 4-star spa hotel, located in a quiet area, offering facilities such as a sauna, hammam and steam bath, as well as massages and other treatments. Combined with its chic, spacious rooms, a fitness centre, swimming pool and gourmet restaurant, it’s an ideal place to stay to unwind and relax.
- Sant Francesc Hotel Singular is an exceptional, 5-star hotel, set in a beautiful, 19th century manor house in the old town section of the city. Containing a range of elegantly styled rooms and much of the buildings’ original architecture, it is a destination that perfectly combines luxury and traditional style.
2. Magaluf, Where to Stay in Mallorca for Nightlife
Magaluf is both the Island’s biggest and most famous beach resort. If you are looking for a party, big or small, you will find it in Magaluf whether in the clubs, on the beach or on a boat. Not surprisingly, Magaluf is the favorite place for singles.
Cafes and clubs line the beach while theme and waterparks mean that families are attracted here as well. Water sports are readily available and fierce competition ensures that you will always get good value for money in Magaluf.
Accommodation is plenty with some hotels having their own beach clubs.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN MAGALUF IF:
- You are a ‘’party animal’’ when on holiday
- You are interested in plenty of activity day and night
- You are a single traveler
- You want the experience provided by beach clubs
Best Hotels in Magaluf
- Hotel Samos is a 4-star hotel located at the heart of Magaluf and surrounded by its famous beaches. Boasting a range of outdoor pools, sun terraces and entertainment, as well as a restaurant providing buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is well suited for those looking for a laid-back break in the sun.
- INNSiDE Calviá Beach is a 4-star hotel, located just 200 yards from Calviá Beach. It has a range of 4 pools on-site for you to enjoy, one of which is its crowning feature; a suspended, glass bottomed pool. A bar, restaurant, terrace and spacious modern rooms will allow you to enjoy this unique feature in complete comfort and style.
- Sotavento Club Apartments – Adults Only is an over 18’s resort, featuring spacious, air-conditioned, self-catering apartments, just a 5-minute walk from Magaluf Beach and the heart of the areas nightlife district. Hosting pool parties, live dancers and DJ sets, as well as having a late-night restaurant and pool bar, this is the place for people who want to party around the clock.
See Also: The 20 Best Things To Do In Mallorca
3. Santa Ponsa, Where to Stay in Mallorca for Families
Santa Ponsa to the south west of Palma deserves its reputation as a family-friendly resort. There is accommodation specifically designed for families but also adult-only establishments. While it is not as built up as places like Magaluf, that is an advantage because there is more space on the sandy Blue Flag beach.
Kids will enjoy the adventure playground while the nightlife is also impressive.
There is a large ex-pat community, especially Brits, and the international cuisine available in Santa Ponsa is partly a consequence of that.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN SANTA PONSA IF:
- You are looking for an ideal resort for families
- You are comfortable in an environment which is familiar to home, providing international cuisine
- You do not want to worry that the kids will get bored
- Your preference is alternatively adult-only accommodation
Best Hotels in Santa Ponsa
- Iberostar Jardín del Sol Suites – Adults Only is an over 18’s resort that provides suites ideal for those who like to keep busy during their stay. With a spa, fitness centre, restaurant, café, billiards tables, a choice of pools and a tour desk that can arrange excursions and rental cars, this is a destination where guests will always find something to keep them entertained.
- Pure Salt Port Adriano – Adults Only is a luxurious, 5-star, adults only resort, featuring a serene pool, terrace and spa, ideal for those looking to relax. An on-site restaurant and oyster bar will cater to all your culinary needs while a beautiful beach is located just 350 yards away, with a free shuttle even offered to take guests who want complete relaxation to and from it.
- Msh Mallorca Senses Hotel, Santa Ponsa – Adults Only is a 4-star, over 18’s resort, known for its incredible selection of 8 swimming pools, 2 of which feature a swim up area. With modern, air-conditioned rooms that all boast a balcony, as well as a spa, gym, sauna, whirlpool, Turkish bath and massage facilities, it is perfect for those looking for a relaxing poolside vacation.
4. Cala Major, Where to Stay in Mallorca Near Airport
Cala Major is located on the hugely developed coastal stretch between Palma and Magaluf. It is the closest of the main resorts to Palma, once regarded as a suburb of the Capital. You will find a lovely beach with plenty of shade from the palm trees, a place that is certainly child friendly. You will also find plenty of accommodation.
Its proximity to Palma and the Island’s airport are just two reasons for its popularity. The beach is not huge so you must expect crowds during high season, especially at weekends when the locals join them.
YOU SHOULD STAY HERE IF:
- You are not too concerned about crowds
- You wish to be close to the airport
- You are interested in a visit to Palma
Best Hotels in Cala Major
- Eurostars Marivent is a 4-star hotel, boasting spacious, air-conditioned rooms, each featuring modern décor and a private terrace, located opposite Marivent Palace. An outdoor pool, fitness centre, sun terrace, pool and snack bars, buffet breakfast and ample facilities for children make it a great choice for a fun vacation for guests of all ages.
- Nixe Palace is a stunning, 5-star, beachfront hotel, located next to Marivent Palace. With modern, air-conditioned rooms, 3 restaurants, 2 pools, a bar, specialised golf department and a spa featuring a Turkish steam bath, ice fountain and thermal circuit, it is a place designed for those who seek the finer things in life while they’re away.
- Hotel Joan Miró Museum is a beautiful, 4-star hotel, ideal for fans of Joan Miro as it is decorated throughout with their works of art and located just 200 yards from the Fundación Pilar I Joan Miro. Rooms are all spacious, air-conditioned and feature a balcony, while the hotel also boasts a bar, restaurant, swimming pool and 2 large event rooms.
5. Palma Nova, Where to Stay in Mallorca for Water Sports
Palma Nova is among the earliest of Mallorca’s resorts catering for incoming tourists. It is a popular package holiday destination and is now home to many ex-pats, often British. It lacks sophistication but its wide beach makes it attractive to both families and water sport enthusiasts.
By day, there is plenty to entertain the kids from the beach itself including theme and water parks to crazy golf. After sunset, there is a good nightlife infrastructure as well just down the road in Magaluf.
Accommodation includes adult-only places aimed as couples and typical resort hotels used by the major holiday companies.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN PALMA NOVA IF:
- You are keen on water sports
- You are looking for somewhere ideal of families with plenty of entertainment for the kids
- You want plenty of alternatives for the night-time
- You are seeking adult-only accommodation
Best Hotels in Palma Nova
- Hotel Son Caliu Spa Oasis is a stunning, 4-star spa hotel, surrounded by gardens and offering direct access to a beautiful cove. The spa offers a thermal pool, Turkish bath and sensation showers, while a pool, tennis court, gym with classes and a free session at the adjacent diving centre are ideal for more active guests, making it a great choice no matter how you like to spend your vacation.
- FERGUS Style Palmanova – Adults Only is a 4-star, over 18’s, beachfront hotel, set in an exclusive residential area. With a beautiful pool and accompanying bar surrounded by loungers and breakfast served daily in the dining rooms, this is a great choice for those seeking a quiet, serene destination.
- Elba Sunset Mallorca Thalasso Spa is a fabulous, 4-star hotel, featuring stunning views of the ocean, which can be enjoyed from the rows of loungers on the terrace that surrounds one of its beautiful pools. A gym and evening entertainment are offered to keep you busy day and night, while the buffet breakfast features gluten free options, to ensure all guests can enjoy it.
6. Camp de Mar – Best Area to Stay in Mallorca for Families
Camp de Mar is one of Mallorca’s upmarket resorts, attracting many celebrities. It is an excellent base for those wanting a golfing break, but it is also a pretty family-friendly resort.
There is limited entertainment but that is something that appeals to those choosing this resort; it is quiet yet has a lovely sandy beach. Cyclists and walkers are attracted to Camp de Mar as well as people just wanting to relax.
The large hotels in Camp de Mar line the beach while there are also places that specialise in family bookings, a golf resort and apartments for rent.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN CAMP DE MAR IF:
- You are a keen golfer
- You want somewhere suitable for families
- You prefer somewhere where walking and cycling is an option
- Good nightlife is not a priority
Best Hotels in Camp de Mar
- Bahia Camp de Mar Suites is a traditionally styled, 4-star hotel, featuring air-conditioned suites that all include a private bedroom, bathroom, dining area and balcony. A terrace, choice of pools and a spa and sauna are all ideal for you to relax and enjoy the stunning views, while an on-site a la carte restaurant provides both Mediterranean and international cuisine.
- Steigenberger Hotel and Resort Camp de Mar is a fabulous, 5-star golf resort, set between the mountain and the Mediterranean Sea. A luxurious destination made up of Moorish inspired buildings and featuring a bar, spa and 2 swimming pools, it is ideal for those looking for accommodation of the highest calibre.
- Alua Gran Camp de Mar is a 4-star, beachfront, spa hotel, located directly next to the Andratx Golf Course. Featuring spacious, air-conditioned rooms, 3 swimming pools, a gym and a variety of different sports courts, it is an ideal spot for those who like to remain active while they are away. There is even a restaurant and choice of 2 bars on-site as well.
7. Sant Elm – Best Area to Stay in Mallorca for Local Flavors
Sant Elm, in the north-west corner of Mallorca, is perhaps less well-known than some other tourist resorts. It is an ideal place for those wanting to avoid crowds with just a small number of hotels and restaurants. The natural landscape is beautiful and there are few better places on the Island to see a sunset.
It is still a fishing village so you will get the freshest of quality seafood in the restaurants. One of the popular activities for those staying in Sant Elm is to take the boat that runs over to Sa Dragonera Natural Park directly opposite the village.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN SANT ELM IF:
- You like to be somewhere that retains a local flavor
- You intend to spend time away from the beach
- You are looking to avoid crowds
- You do not need a huge range of accommodation
Best Hotels in Sant Elm
- Universal Aquamarin & Aquavilla is a beachfront hotel where every room features air-conditioning and a balcony. A bar and buffet restaurant are available on-site to take care of all your culinary needs, while a tour desk, currency exchange and car rental service provide ample options for all of your sightseeing needs.
- Hostal Dragonera is a great, affordable guest house, featuring rooms with air-conditioning and a private bathroom. A terrace is available for guests to relax on while a restaurant is also present, serving international cuisine and a continental breakfast each morning.
- Universal Aparthotel Don Camilo is a 4-star, beachfront aparthotel, with spacious rooms that are all air-conditioned and feature a private kitchen, bathroom and balcony. Villas are also available if you are travelling in a larger group or simply want a little more space. A buffet restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, children’s play area and nightly entertainment are all available for guests to enjoy.
8. Port Soller, Where to Stay in Mallorca for Budget Travelers
If you want more than a beach resort, why not pick Soller which is a traditional Mallorcan town perched in the hills above the resort of the same name. Soller is in the foothills of the Serra Tramuntana mountains and its lush landscape contrasts with coastal areas.
A tram links the hill town with Port Soller although you can walk down in 45 minutes if you wish; few bother to walk back up. It is linked to Palma by an old train with the station also an art gallery that is worth a visit.
There is plenty of life on the coastal strip, but it is a relaxing place where old villas are evidence of the wealth created here in former times. If you want some action, enjoy local culture and cuisine, this may be the place for you. You can find 5-star accommodation with several hotels also located around the Bay.
Backpackers will also find budget accommodation in Soller
YOU SHOULD STAY IN PORT SOLLER IF:
- You are on a budget but don’t want a package deal in a purpose-built beach resort
- You want to enjoy the flavor of Spain
- You are keen to explore the district
Best Hotels in Port Soller
- Hotel Marina is a simple yet stylish, family run, beachfront hotel. With air-conditioned rooms equipped with a balcony, a pool, terrace, bar, restaurant and spa, it allows you to enjoy a traditional destination, equipped with many of the luxuries you desire on vacation, without breaking the bank.
- Bikini Island & Mountain Port de Soller is a traditionally themed, 4-star hotel, overlooking Puerto De Soller Bay. An outdoor pool, bar and spa provide ample options for you to enjoy your idyllic location, while free bike rental for all guests allows you to get out and explore your incredible surroundings.
- Hotel Esplendido is a stylish, modern, 4-star hotel that prides itself on being a popular destination for cyclists. A bar and restaurant serving Mediterranean and international cuisine will take care of your culinary needs, while the outdoor pool and garden are great places to relax on those days you don’t fancy going out on your bike.
9. Cala D’Or – Best Area to Stay in Mallorca for Families
The resort of Cala D’Or has been developed as an upmarket resort from what was previously a fishing village. Located in the west, it is not over-developed and retains an element of ‘’Spanish feel.’’ High rise buildings do not feature, with lovely white-washed properties found among the pine trees.
This is a favorite spot for snorkelers as well as boat trips. The beaches are small so even without plenty of tourists, there will be limited space.
Couples and families with older children will enjoy Cala D’Or, especially those wanting more than just a beach holiday. Renting a villa with a pool is popular with tourists though there are other accommodation alternatives. Mondrago Nature Reserve and Santueri Castle are two places worth a visit.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN CALA D’OR IF:
- You want to avoid package holiday crowds
- You are looking for a range of accommodation alternatives
- Your family includes older children
- You are interested in sea-based activities
Best Hotels in Cala D’Or
- Inturotel Cala Esmeralda Beach Hotel & Spa – Adults Only is a 4-star, beachfront, over 18’s hotel, offering stylish, modern room. Featuring a range of attractions that include 3 outdoor swimming pools, a garden, restaurant, 2 bars and a spa offering an indoor pool, hydrothermal circuit, hammam and a range of massage and beauty treatments, this is a place where you will never be bored.
- AluaSoul Mallorca Resort – Adults only is a 4-star, over 18’s resort, boasting modern rooms, all featuring a private balcony, located in a beautiful cove. An outdoor pool, terrace, beach club, spa, wellness centre and a varied entertainment program provide plenty of ways to fill up your stay, while a bar and restaurant serving a range of cocktails and international cuisines will take care of all your culinary needs.
- Hotel Cala Dor – Adults Only is a beautiful 4-star hotel, set in a tranquil cove that was once the military headquarters during the Spanish civil war. With its background and panoramic views, it is ideal for anyone interested in history or nature, while the fabulous bar, restaurant, gym, sauna, hot tub and swimming pool provide plenty of other ways for you to fill up your days.
10. Cala Millor/Cala Bona – Best Area to Stay in Mallorca for Water Sports
Cala Millor is in the east of Mallorca, a busy place that attracts more tourists than any other resort in the east. Ex-pats enjoy its well-developed infrastructure which appeals to families especially.
Few places on Mallorca have more impressive sands, a 4 mile stretch of white contrasting with the beautiful clear blue waters. Water sports are plentiful, and accommodation abounds. If you want a quieter district and less nightlife, just head for the adjoining Cala Bona with its fishing harbor, promenade and fine restaurants.
Self-catering apartments are popular while if you want 5-star quality or adult-only accommodation, you will find that as well.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN CALA MILLOR/CALA MONA IF:
- You want the independence of a self-catering apartment
- Nightlife is not a priority
- You want a choice of water sports
Best Hotels in Cala Millor/Cala Bona
- Hipotels Hipocampo Palace & Spa is a luxurious, 5-star spa resort, set in 19 square kilometres of stunning, tropical gardens. For those who want to relax, a spa, sauna, Turkish bath and hot tub are just some of your options, while a choice of 2 pools, a gym and 6 tennis courts are ideal for those who like to stay active. There are even facilities for the kids to enjoy during the day and entertainment is provided for the whole family to enjoy together each evening.
- Hipotels Cala Millor Park is a beautiful, 4-star hotel, located just 200 yards from the beach, featuring air-conditioned rooms and suites that all come with a private bathroom and balcony. Separate kids and adult’s pools mean everyone can have fun in their own space, while a spa, gym, snack bar, terrace and restaurant give you a variety of options whether you want to spend time as a family or unwinding by yourself.
- Hipotels Dunas Aparthotel is a fabulous, 4-star, beachfront aparthotel, offering comfortable rooms with views of the Mediterranean Sea. A gym and choice of indoor and outdoor pools are available for adults, while a kid’s pool and playground are also present for the little ones. A bar-cafeteria and restaurant are both features of the site that will help with your culinary needs, while a spa with a hot tub, sauna, Turkish bath and beauty and massage treatments is also available for those days when you want to completely unwind.
- Where To Stay In Cordoba Spain
- Where to Stay in Tenerife Spain
- Where To Stay On Menorca Spain
- Where to Stay in Gran Canaria
- Where To Stay In Granada
- How to Spend 10 Days in Spain
- Where to Stay in Formentera Spain
- Where To Stay In Lanzarote Spain: Best Area & Hotel Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Fuerteventura Spain: Best Area & Hotel Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Ibiza, Spain: Best Area & Hotel Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Seville Spain: Best Area & Hotel Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Mallorca for the Best Beaches?
- Best Places to Stay in Mallorca with Family?
- How Long to Stay in Mallorca?
- Where Should I Stay in Mallorca?
- Where are the Best Locations in Mallorca for Couples?
- Where Do Team Sky Stay in Mallorca?
- Staying in Mallorca for a Honeymoon?
- Best Areas to Stay in Mallorca for Cycling?
- Which Is Nicer, Menorca or Mallorca?
- Where Should I Stay in Mallorca for Nightlife?
- What Is the Best Time to Go to Mallorca?
Where to Stay in Mallorca for the Best Beaches?
There are plenty of stretches of beautiful white sand in Mallorca even though there is a rugged coastline in the north. On the eastern side of the Island, Cala Millor which blends into the smaller Cala Bona has 4-mile beach with plenty of room for everyone.
Camp de Mar deserves consideration as an upmarket resort is another to look at as is Campa Nova.
Best Places to Stay in Mallorca with Family?
There is excellent provision for family holidays on Mallorca. Some resorts have play areas, theme and water parks which are ideal for families with young children. Where children have reached teenage years, other places stand out.
Magaluf has everything as long as you accept it will be busy throughout the summer. Cala D’Or is perhaps the best place for families with older children while water and theme parks are found in several resorts including the aforementioned Magaluf
How Long to Stay in Mallorca?
Annual holiday breaks during the summer months are generally for two weeks with families with children attending school limited to the middle of the summer. Two weeks in the sun guarantees a good suntan but Mallorca is so close to main population areas in Europe that even a break of just a week will be very enjoyable.
A long weekend in Mallorca still makes a great break with golf, walking and cycling, or just relaxing a chance to get away from things at home.
Where Should I Stay in Mallorca?
Mallorca is known for its beach resorts with lovely beaches and warm seas. The west coast is the most popular region with package holidays offered in all the top resorts, some all-inclusive. If your idea of a good holiday is to have everything at your fingertips, then the western beach resorts are perhaps the place for you.
Cala Millor on the east and Magaluf on the west are good choices while Soller makes a great base for anyone wanting to balance their time with exploring together with sea and sand.
Where are the Best Locations in Mallorca for Couples?
Some couples enjoy a vibrant nightlife in which case Magaluf may be the first place to look. Others just want time to themselves, avoiding major tourist crowds.
Cala D’Or is a popular choice for couples and there are a series of places that are adult-only that ensure couples are not disturbed by noisy children. Palma Nova and Santa Posa both offer those options.
Where Do Team Sky Stay in Mallorca?
Mallorca has become a popular place for cycling training camps in the off-season. Team Sky which has produced many successful cyclists in the major European competitions in recent years is one of them.
Early in the calendar year, the roads are quiet and largely dry as riders begin their preparations. The Tramuntana Mountain Range provides a good test with a high point reaching towards 5,000 feet, the highest point on the Island.
The Vanity Hotel in the Port d’ Acudia is geared towards professional sportsmen and their needs. It is found in the north east of the Island.
Staying in Mallorca for a Honeymoon?
Cala D’Or and Palma are probably the first places to look at if you are contemplating a honeymoon on the Island of Mallorca. Adult-only accommodation is found in many resorts while if you wish to avoid crowds, then forget Magaluf.
Best Areas to Stay in Mallorca for Cycling?
Mallorca has become an important cycling destination, one of the most popular in Europe. There is a segregated lane in places and the interior poses a challenge to those wanting to get away from the coastal resorts.
Camp de Mar is an upmarket resort with a fine beach and makes a good base while if you want the challenge of cycling where Team Sky do pre-season training then you need to be near to the northern mountains.
Which Is Nicer, Menorca or Mallorca?
The most obvious difference between Menorca and Mallorca is one of size. Menorca is much smaller and as a consequence it attracts fewer visitors each year.
There are neither many signs of opulence on Menorca, nor will you find the busy bars and clubs that are common in the resorts of the larger neighbor. It does mean that Menorca provides a good alternative for families.
In entertainment terms, you would always select Mallorca and it is worth remembering that there are still many quiet places to enjoy as well as history and culture.
Those looking for a well-developed tourist infrastructure are more likely to find that on Mallorca and the number of flights coming into Palma mean there is minimal inconvenience in getting to your holiday destination.
Where Should I Stay in Mallorca for Nightlife?
Magaluf is the nighttime capital of Mallorca. There is a busy stretch of coastal beach resorts in the west running between Palma and Magaluf but it is the latter where you will find the most action.
What Is the Best Time to Go to Mallorca?
Some people are restricted as to when they can take their holidays. Those wanting to enjoy good weather but nothing too hot may decide that late spring and autumn are the two times to look at first.
Families with school children usually head away during school holidays in July and August.
Golfers usually prefer to avoid the hottest weather so spring and autumn is certainly a better choice than in the height of summer.
It takes little more than 2 hours to fly to Mallorca from any part of the UK and Germany, hence its popularity with tourists from those countries. Mallorca cannot guarantee fine weather in the winter, but it should usually be mild. Certainly, you will escape cold weather in the winter months, but they are very much the low season.
Air temperatures and sea temperature begin to grow in the spring and even in late autumn, the sea temperatures still make swimming a great daytime option. Mallorca has accommodation to suit all, ranging from cheap rooms and apartments to impressive villas and 5-star hotels.
Some resorts lack the true feel of Spain, catering almost exclusively for overseas visitors. However, Mallorca’s history and culture does shine through sufficiently in Palma and the interior so that your holiday can be more than just sea and sand.