Where to Stay in Casablanca Morocco: Best Areas and Hotels
Choosing a place to stay in Casablanca is a real adventure. Where To Stay in Casablanca Morocco – Best Areas is a guide to help you choose the best place for you during your stay in Morocco.
Casablanca is a city in western Morocco on the Atlantic coast and the administrative center of the Grand Casablanca region. The city has a population of 3.5 million, making it the largest city in the Kingdom of Morocco. Casablanca is home to the largest port in the country as well as three airports.
Huge business companies are intertwined in this city, making it a major economic center of the Arab state. In the following lines, we will look at 6 of the best areas where you can stay during your trip. The goals of this article are to help you find the right place for you to make your vacation easier and even more enjoyable.
Where to Stay in Casablanca: Tips & Info
When looking for a place to stay in Casablanca, you should consider the fact that it is the largest city in Morocco. The population is more than 3.5 million people, and you need to choose the right location for you very carefully.
From the places listed in the article, each of them has its pros and cons. For each traveler, the place to stay is the most important thing to think about. Depending on the type of your trip, you need to decide what location you need.
For example, many tourists are looking for places to stay in central neighborhoods where they have access to everything they need. There, the places to stay are the most diverse, close to landmarks and all types of public transport.
If you decide to stay away from the center, then make sure of the transport network and places to stay. You should know Casablanca is a very big city with a large car traffic, and the movement of people is huge. If you are a family with kids, you can choose a safe area away from traffic. Hotels in Casablanca are rated by many rankings as well as affordable and with friendly service.
Where to Stay in Casablanca Morocco – 6 Best Area & Neighborhood
Casablanca is a city where modern and rich cultural traditions are skillfully intertwined. The most impressive sight in the city is the Hassan II Mosque, which is the second-largest mosque in the world after Masjid Al-Haram in Mecca.
Every corner of this beautiful land offers you a variety of what to see, do, and where to stay. So, let’s look at the best places in detail and choose the best one for you.
Where to Stay in Casablanca Morocco Map
To see more detail on where to stay in Casablanca map, go to Google Map.
1. Casablanca City Center, Where to Stay in Casablanca for First Time Visitors
The city center of Casablanca is a place full of tourist attractions, restaurants, and places to stay. This is definitely a location you should not miss. Most of the area is pedestrianized and is well served by all public transport in the city.
In this location, you can find many sights and easily reach the unique old town and the impressive Hasan II Mosque. If you are on a street food tour, this place will surprise you with sumptuous restaurants offering local and world cuisine.
The city center also offers great places to stay in. Apart from recognizable hotel brands, you can find many other possibilities here.
Examples are small hotels and several apartments that are available to visitors at reasonable prices. Although a noisy place full of people, the city center is one of the best places to stay in Casablanca.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN CASABLANCA CITY CENTER IF:
- You want a communicative and social place.
- You would like to be close to many landmarks.
- You are looking for places for fun and relaxation.
- You don’t mind the noise and frequent street repairs.
- You don’t mind the large movement of people.
Best Hotels in City Center
- Suite Hotel Casa Diamond is a superb, 5-star resort, with a restaurant, private parking and fitness and business centres. The range of suites all offer garden views and come equipped with air-conditioning, flat screen satellite TV’s, microwaves, kettles and private bathrooms. A choice of buffet or continental breakfasts is available to all guests and there is Wi-Fi throughout the property.
- Kenzi Basma is a recently renovated hotel in the centre of Casablanca. Its beautiful restaurant serves both Moroccan and international cuisine, while guests can enjoy music and cocktails in the lobby lounge. Rooms all come equipped with air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, flat screen satellite TV’s and a private bathroom. They also contain desks, while conference and meeting rooms are available on-site.
- Odyssee Center Hotel is a stylish, 4-star hotel, featuring a range of deluxe rooms and suites. A restaurant, bar and shared lounge are all available to keep you as well fed and relaxed as possible, or you could even take advantage of the room service and dine in front of the flat screen TV in your air-conditioned room. The choice of a buffet or continental breakfast is offered, while free parking, a business centre and a currency exchange are also available.
2. Boulevard de la Corniche, Where to Stay in Casablanca for Nice Beaches
Boulevard de la Corniche is one of the most popular places in Casablanca. The boulevard is between the center and the old town and is the main connection between the both places.
The beautiful promenade will take you to a wonderful view of the Old Town and the Hassan II Mosque. If you are a fan of nightlife, then this place is waiting for you. Here you can visit some of the most elite nightclubs for salsa, belly dance, or modern dance.
If you are a shopping maniac, you will be surprised by the beautiful boutiques of popular Arab brands. Definitely, Bluverad de la Cornice is a place for lovers of luxury. This is proved by the exquisite hotels and villas lined up on the promenade.
The restaurants in the area are famous for the excellent cuisine prepared by Moroccan culinary gurus. Boulevard de la Corniche is one of the most attractive places in Casablanca and the nightlife there never ends.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN BOULEVARD DE LA CORNICHE IF:
- You prefer a luxurious place.
- You want a communicative place.
- You would like a location near the beach.
- You want a large selection of restaurants, shops, and nightclubs.
- You don’t mind the small selection of public transport.
- You don’t mind the noise and the large movement of people.
Best Hotels in Boulevard de la Corniche
- Four Seasons Hotel Casablanca is a 5-star, beachfront resort, operated by the legendary Four Seasons brand. The luxurious, air-conditioned rooms and suites are all exquisitely decorated, offering ocean or garden views, as well as featuring luxuries like flat screen TV’s and bath robes. As with many of the chain’s hotels, it features a variety of on-site benefits, such as a spa, fitness centre, hammam, an outdoor pool and a gourmet restaurant.
- Relax Hotel Casa Voyageurs is an artistically designed hotel, that is also one of the more affordable choices in the area. The allergy free rooms are all air-conditioned and feature amenities like flat screen, satellite TV’s, free toiletries, private bathrooms and a kettle. The on-site restaurant serves a choice of continental and buffet breakfast options each morning, while there is also a shared lounge to relax in. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property and private parking is also offered.
3. Old Medina, Where to Stay in Casablanca Close to Everything
Old Medina is one of the most beautiful and romantic places in Casablanca. Here you can find many local artisans producing unique souvenirs and street crafts. This area is a favorite place for romantic walks of Moroccan kings and their wives.
The amazing architecture everywhere in this area captivates the heart of every tourist. In Sar Jdit is the famous Hassan II Mosque, the second-largest mosque in the world.
You must visit Rick Coffee, a restaurant made in the style of the movie Casablanca. In this restaurant, you can enjoy unique live music and sumptuous Moroccan specialties.
Although it is a communicative place with a lot of social spots, there is not a large set of hotels in Ancient Medina. But if you are a couple, there are apartments and rooms suitable for your honeymoon. There is not much choice from public transport, but you can quickly get to the city center while walking.
YOU SHOULD STAY OLD MEDINA IF:
- You want to stay close to many sights.
- You want a social and communicative place.
- You do not mind the lack of a large selection of public transport.
4. Habous, Where to Stay in Casablanca for Shopping
Habous is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Casablanca and popular as the cultural and religious center of Morocco. The Royal Palace, the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, and other important institutions are in this area.
In the past, Habous was a French protectorate and often called the New Medina. A lot of historical buildings make the neighborhood a popular tourist destination. Here you can find many souks which attract shopping tourists.
The area has quick access to other neighborhoods through a large selection of public transport. Despite the many attractions in the area, the places where you can stay are limited. Apartments and rooms for rent are the main types of accommodation. Their prices vary according to the location and comfort they offer.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN HABBOUS IF:
- You want a communicative place with many sights.
- If you are in shopping tourism.
- You want a safe place.
- You do not mind noise and heavy car traffic.
5. Anfa, Where to Stay in Casablanca for Sports
The neighborhood is located near the Ain Diab district and close to City Center of Casablanca. Anfa is historically associated with World War II and the Allied landings.
The beautiful buildings and the long alleys make the neighborhood a great place to walk. The area offers a large choice of public transport and is close to the most important places in Casablanca.
Anfa is often referred to as the social center of Casablanca because of its many shopping malls, restaurants, and even golf courses located in it. The places to stay are close to the promenade and range from low class to luxury and are suitable for all types of tourists.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN ANFA IF:
- You are looking for a place with a large selection of public transport.
- You want to be away from the noisy car traffic.
- If you want a place with lots of social spots.
- If you don’t mind the large movements of people.
Best Hotels in Anfa
- Le Casablanca Hotel is a beautiful, 5-star hotel, with stunning grounds and luxuriously decorated rooms. Many have views of the fabulous gardens, while an outdoor pool, an indoor sensory pool, a bar, a spa and wellness centre are all available, to ensure your stay is as relaxing as possible. The rooms come with private bathrooms and terraces or balconies, while Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, flat screen TV’s, bathrobes and slippers are also present to keep you comfortable. Parking is available on site for an additional fee.
- Pestana Casablanca, Seaside Suites & Residences is a modern, beachfront complex, designed by one of the leading architect firms in London. Suites all feature a private bathroom, dining and seating areas, a fully equipped kitchen, balcony and flat screen cable TV, while Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool, meeting and conference rooms and a shopping centre are all available around the site. Breakfast is served daily in the restaurant, which also offers light meals for lunch and dinner.
- Hôtel Club Val d’Anfa is a towering, 4-star hotel, located just 50 yards from the beach, providing guests with stunning ocean views. For those who aren’t a fan of the beach, there is a swimming pool and a garden for you to spend your days at instead. The rooms all have air-conditioning and Wi-Fi, and they also come equipped with balconies, TV’s, mini bars and private, marble bathrooms. The hotel also features a bar and several restaurants, offering a range of Moroccan and international cuisines, as well as drinks and fabulous breakfast each morning.
6. Deroua District, Where to Stay in Casablanca Near Airport
Deroua is close to Mohammed V Airport and is the main connection between the airport, the city center and the other districts of Casablanca. The area is the most communicative place in the city and annually between 4-8 million people pass through it.
This is one of the reasons why the neighborhood is full of restaurants, cafes, and shops. Here you have a great choice of places where you can stay and public transport.
Hotels and restaurants are of all types and vary according to the services they offer. The prices are one of the most affordable and are suitable for any type of tourism. Most budget tourists choose to stay in Deroua.
YOU SHOULD STAY IN DEROUA DISTRICT IF:
- You are looking for a place near the airport and with a large selection of public transport.
- You prefer a place with hotels at affordable prices.
- You don’t mind the big car traffic.
- You don’t mind the noise and the big movement of people.
Where Is Casablanca?
Casablanca is the largest city in the Kingdom of Morocco. Located in the central-western part of Morocco. Bordering the Atlantic Ocean, it is the largest city in the Maghreb region and the largest in the Arab world.
Casablanca is the main port of the kingdom and one of the largest financial centers in Africa. According to the last census, the city’s population is over 3.5 million people in the urban area and 4.27 million in the entire district.
Casablanca is one of the pearls of tourism in North Africa. It has 3 airports; you can also use ferries from Europe and America to transport to the city.
What Is The Best Area To Stay In Casablanca?
The best place to stay in Casablanca is the City Center. The area offers all the amenities to make your trip unforgettable. In the city center, you can find great restaurants with traditional Moroccan cuisine.
The area also offers a large selection of places where you can stay whether you are looking for luxury, middle class, or low class. An alternative to hotels in the apartments, which are most preferred among tourists on a budget.
Historic landmarks lurk from every corner and the promenade will takes you to the old town. The city center also has the highest rating in the latest rankings to the best places to stay in Morocco.
Is It Safe To Go To Casablanca?
Despite perceptions to the contrary held by many outside the country, Morocco has a very low crime rate, especially Casablanca. The city, although large, has a stable security system and a strong police presence.
Although in the Arab world, Casablanca has never been an arena for terrorist acts. Mugging isn’t common in Casablanca and neither is kidnapping, so you can relax when it comes to violent crime altogether.
Still, avoid slums and quiet and poorly lit places and stay vigilant wherever you are. Transport in Casablanca is mostly safe to use. As a tourist, you should keep track of your belongings and valuables while on public transport.
Is Casablanca Worth Visiting?
Casablanca is one of the most amazing destinations in Africa visited annually by over 9 million people. It combines amazing architecture, beautiful bays, unique sights.
One of the most popular places worth seeing is The Hassan II Mosque. The largest mosque in Morocco is a testament to the incredible craftsmanship. It took more than seven years and as many as 10,000 artisans to complete the intricate masterpiece.
Old Medina will captivate your heart and immerse you in the magic of Moroccan street art dating back centuries. Casablanca can offer you amazing places to stay regardless of your budget or type of trip. Definitely, this destination is worth seeing!
How Many Days Do You Need In Casablanca?
One week is a solid amount of time to explore Casablanca and the surrounding area at a moderate pace. Casablanca is connected to many other destinations by high-speed trains. If you are focused only on the city of Casablanca, then 5 days will be more than enough.
If you have only one weekend available, the city center and Old Medina will be enough for you to spend more than great. Depending on the type of your trip, you can determine how long your stay will be. Casablanca offers many opportunities to stay, see, and do.
Where To Stay In Casablanca For One Night?
Casablanca offers great opportunities to stay for 1 night. If you are staying in a nearby destination, the City Center is the most suitable place to stay. You can find great hotels and restaurants close to many tourist attractions.
Prices in the area are affordable and start at $ 15 per night. In this part of Casablanca, you will have full access to all the sights and to the old town of Medina.
If you are on a street food tour, then in this place you can try the unique Moroccan street cuisine and some of the best restaurants in Morocco.
Where To Stay In Casablanca For Nightlife?
If you are a fan of nightlife, then Boulevard de la Corniche is your place. Here you will find great dance clubs where you can have fun. You should know that this is an expensive location, and you may not like the prices of the places to stay.
Don’t worry, you can stay in nearby areas such as the City Center or Old Medina, where the prices are affordable. Part of the city transport is accessible at any time, even at night, and you can negotiate a good price for taxis. Boulevard de la Corniche is also a favorite place of those who love to welcome July Morning.
Where Should I Stay In Casablanca?
Habous is one of Casablanca’s most renowned places. Also known as the New Medina, this place combines French flair with traditional Moroccan style. At Habous, you can enjoy the beautiful architecture, charming shops, plenty of restaurants, and places to stay.
This neighborhood is perfect for those looking for a break from the hustle and bustle. Habous is full of opportunities for relaxation, sightseeing, and shopping.
You can discover amazing parks, eclectic souks, and thousands of other things to see, do, and enjoy. In this area, you can take a guided tour of the Royal Palace.
Indulge in authentic Moroccan cakes and pastries at Bennis Confectionery. Stroll through the leafy and relaxing Isesco Park.
Casablanca is gaining momentum as one of the popular tourist destinations and catching up even with Marrakech. In recent years, it has become a tourist, economic, and business center in North Africa.
The tour rankings for 2019 define Casablanca as a very affordable destination for any type of tourism. Although located in the Arab world, Casablanca is defined as a safe place to travel.